[linux-cifs-client] CIFS hangs Windows Server 2003 with loop errors

Renato S. Yamane yamane at diamondcut.com.br
Fri Aug 1 14:37:20 GMT 2008

Jeff Layton wrote:
> "Renato S. Yamane" wrote:
>> Jeff Layton wrote:

>>> Information about the kernel version you're using would be helpful...
>>
>> # uname -a
>> Linux mandachuva 2.6.25-2-686 #1 SMP Fri Jul 18 17:46:56 UTC 2008 i686
>> GNU/Linux
>>
>> mount package is 2.13.1.1-1 (Debian Lenny).
>
> I've not seen this, but you may want to try a different auth scheme. Maybe
> try mounting with:
>
>     sec=ntlm
>
> ...or...
>
>     sec=ntlmv2i
>
> ...and see if that prevents the problem.

Problem still happening :-(

Windows 2003 Server logged this:
------------
Event Id:6032
EFS does not support encryption over network sessions established using
the NTLM protocol
------------

And I can't use sec=none:
mount error 13 = Permission denied
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

I'm the only one that use Linux in network environment, and IT Admin are
very furious with me, because when I crash Windows Server (with loop
errors caused by CIFS) they need restart server.

Best regards,
Renato S. Yaman