[linux-cifs-client] 2 New encryption capability bits in UNIX extensions.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Mar 26 18:14:50 GMT 2007

Hi Steve + UNIX CIFS fans,

I want to grab 2 new capability bits to implement
the CIFS transport encryption to make us feature
parity with NFS.

Here they are :

#define CIFS_UNIX_TRANSPORT_ENCRYPTION_CAP      0x40 /* We can do SPNEGO
negotiations for encryption. */
#define CIFS_UNIX_TRANSPORT_ENCRYPTION_MANDATORY_CAP    0x80 /* We
*must* SPNEGO negotiations for encryption. */

If 0x40 is set the client may ask for encryption, if both 0x40
and 0x80 are set the client *must* ask for encryption or it will
be disconnected.

Thoughts, comments ?

Jeremy.