[linux-cifs-client] Can't mount NAS device

Jerome Whelan whelanjh at verizon.net
Mon Mar 26 00:22:39 GMT 2007

Dominik - I had an experience generally similar to yours, and through the
help of others on this list I was able to solve the problem.  It turned out
my problem was really easy to solve, I just needed to upgrade my Fedora
kernel to the latest version. It turned out that I was yum-ming all the
kernel updates, but the grub menu was not getting modified correctly so I
kept running my old defective kernel.

I am now CIFS mounting a Buffalo Linkstation-250 and Buffalo Home
TeraStation with no problems.

Have no idea if this is your problem, but the thought you should take away
is that the CIFS code works well for me :).

Jerry