[linux-cifs-client] CIFS VFS: Write2 ret -13, written = 0

kirigoe dn1 at crap.leon.se
Thu Jun 28 08:50:28 GMT 2007

hi,

i've setup a linux server in vmware that runs our web statistics software
urchin, it reads webserver logs from 9 different windows machines and stores
~14 GB of profile data and statistics logs on another windows machine (a
Dell/EMC SAN). i'm getting a lot of "CIFS VFS: Write2 ret -13, written = 0"
errors in my /var/log/messages, it seems to get worse the more data i try to
read/write through CIFS and atleast once it has lots its connection with the
SAN share. i can't even find any info as to what "-13" means and what i can
do to prevent it.

my setup:
linux 2.6.20-1.2952.fc6
Fedora 6