[linux-cifs-client] CIFS VFS: Write2 ret -13, written = 0

Shirish Pargaonkar shirishpargaonkar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 11:38:04 GMT 2007

-13 is error EACCESS.

You could turn on cifs logging to syslog buffer with this command
echo 1 > /proc/fs/cifs/cifsFYI
clear up the log (dmesg -c), start your operation and copy log to a
file when the error occurs and look at the file/send that file as well
as file /proc/fs/cifs/Stats

These errors are probably occurring while writing files to the
Windows (DELL EMC SAN) server.