[linux-cifs-client] Fw: Re: CIFS DFS strange cifs_inet_pton

Q niallain at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 08:03:55 GMT 2007

I send letter again in case it has been lost.

Steve French wrote:
> I don't mind if you add a length field - this inet_pton function is an
> ugly one - and there may be an ipv6 aware helper function in the
> kernel now too (I vaguely remember Sridhar S. adding this four or five
> months ago).   Would be worth considering what would happen if the dfs
> referral were an ipv6 address too.

I added length argument to inet_pton. If it compiled without
CONFIG_CIFS_EXPERIMENTAL then slightly modified old code will be used
If it compiled with CONFIG_CIFS_EXPERIMENTAL then we would use kernel
helper functions + ipv6 support

> Let me know when you have something - if we can get it fixed by early
> next week - I should be able to get Linus to immediately merge it.
here is patch that takes into account your changes + changes suggested
by David

dfs_2.0_to_2.1.diff - incremental against my previous patch
dfs_2.1_to_2.6.19.1.diff -against 2.6.19.1 kernel source

PS:
this code complies and works in test environment for a couple days by now.

--

Best regards,

Igor Mammedov,
niallain "at" gmail.com