[linux-cifs-client] cifs gives me "Setuid/gid script is writable by world"

Shirish Pargaonkar shirishpargaonkar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 07:25:17 GMT 2007

The cifs code in latest kernel (2.6.24) compiled with the config option

CONFIG_CIFS_EXPERIMENTAL=y

and using cifsacl option during mount

can get you correct file permissions displayed.

The sid to uid and sid to gid conversion is not yet implemented in cifs.
The default uid/gid is 0, so you see root.root as owner/group of all the files.