[linux-cifs-client] cifs gives me "Setuid/gid script is writable by world"

Jean-Philippe BATTU jeanpba at free.fr
Fri Dec 14 06:58:02 GMT 2007

   Hello

   I use a FC7 linux box with kernel  2.6.23.8-34.fc7

   and a cifs version :  mount.cifs version: 1.10

   when I try to mount a vfat partition from my linux box to a XP
machine with the command line:

   mount //server/share  /a -t cifs -o "workgroup=MYG,username=me,password=pwd"

   I notice that all the files got the following attributes:

   -rwxrwSrwt 1 root root 101058 2007-11-16 18:49 my_file

   and when I try to execute it : Setuid/gid script is writable by world.

   Could you tell me what I forgot to do in my cifs configuration ?

   thanks in advance for your answer

   Cheers

   Jean-Philippe BATTU
Grenoble