[linux-cifs-client] cifs performance on linux 2.4 ?

Yehuda Sadeh Weinraub Yehuda.Sadeh at expand.com
Thu Sep 14 08:27:17 GMT 2006

> Any idea what could be the problem? Is there any improvement possible
with
> using the new backported stuff from SVN?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Steven

I've just tried the bonnie benchmark on both the older module (1.20c)
and the newer one. The results on both cases were much better than yours
(2-3 MB/sec on a very weak configuration), so you should probably look
for the problems somewhere else. Try taking dump of the network, it
might give you some hint about where the problem resides.

Anyway, the stuff in SVN won't work out of the box, as there are some
missing fixes.

Yehuda