[linux-cifs-client] Re: nouser_xattr should prevent QUERY_PATH_INFO info query all, EAs

Steve French smfltc at us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 16 19:53:26 GMT 2006

> Hi Steve,
>
> I want to work around a Netapp filer bug - the Netapp machine does not respond
> to our QUERY_PATH_INFO, Info Query all EAs in a valid way so that cifs vfs
> waits for a reply and retries that call after it timed out.
>
> I though I could work around that bug by mounting the Netapp share with
> nouser_xattr. That doesn't however prevent cifs vfs from doing that EA query.
> Shouldn't the mount option nouser_xattr disable that call finally?
>
> Cheers
> Bjoern

You are right an
"if(cifs_sb->mnt_cifs_flags & CIFS_MOUNT_NO_XATTR)"
is missing from the listxattr path in cifs (but is present for the other
paths so it is honored for removexattr, getxattr, setxattr)

Is fixed in the two git trees now, and putting in the svn trees as soon
as I can replicate

Thanks.