[linux-cifs-client] nouser_xattr should prevent QUERY_PATH_INFO info query all EAs

Bjoern Jacke bj at SerNet.DE
Wed Aug 16 11:51:34 GMT 2006

Hi Steve,

I want to work around a Netapp filer bug - the Netapp machine does not respond
to our QUERY_PATH_INFO, Info Query all EAs in a valid way so that cifs vfs
waits for a reply and retries that call after it timed out.

I though I could work around that bug by mounting the Netapp share with
nouser_xattr. That doesn't however prevent cifs vfs from doing that EA query.
Shouldn't the mount option nouser_xattr disable that call finally?

Cheers
Bjoern