[linux-cifs-client] CIFS Files List Problems

Wagner, Chris (GEAE, CBTS) chris.wagner at ae.ge.com
Wed Apr 19 16:02:47 GMT 2006

There hasn't been any movement on the 2.4 backport of CIFS for a long
time.  We have problems too.  I hate to say it but if ur at a brick wall
it may be best to just chuck CIFS and install a NFS server on ur Windows
machines and let them talk over NFS.  If u can't do that then u could
put in an intermediary Samba system which exports the same directories
via NFS and Samba.  The linux clients can talk over the NFS side, and
the Windows boxes can talk over the Samba share.

--
Chris Wagner
CBTS
Chris.Wagner at ae.ge.com