[linux-cifs-client] cifs fixes in mainline

Steve French smfrench at austin.rr.com
Fri Sep 23 15:50:43 GMT 2005

There are a relatively large number of cifs fixes in the cifs tree on
kernel.org (also in -mm tree) but not in the mainline tree.  Although
the 1.37 version of cifs looks good, handles Windows ME servers (and
possibly other older servers too) reasonably, and fixes some big endian
bugs and misc smaller problems, due to the shortened release cycles of
the mainline kernel, I am going to request the merge of cifs 1.37 for
2.6.15 rather than 2.6.14.    With the changes for Windows ME a large
portion of it, the changes hit over 1000 lines of code so barring any
major objection, I won't push for this into 2.6.14

I will request that Pavel's fix to allow suspend to work when cifs is
mounted be merged though into 2.6.14