[linux-cifs-client] Mounting CIFS gives me permission denied

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Wed Oct 13 23:27:19 GMT 2004

Steve:

I think we are getting somewhere.  I changed my command to
     mount.cifs //192.168.1.2/GDrive /mnt/GDrive
        -o
user=na,password=[pass],domain=HOMEXCORP,netbiosname=linux,port=139

I now get this error:

mount error 112 = Host is down
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

Which is strange since I know the host is up.  I can ping it.

I don't see anyting in the event log on the windows machine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
	Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, JAMM Consulting, (972)612-6056, www.JAMMConsulting.com
FREE! Valuable info on how your business can reduce operating costs by