[linux-cifs-client] patch for mount.cifs

"Cristóvão B. B. Dalla Costa" cbraga at freedows.com
Thu Oct 7 14:31:49 GMT 2004

Hello

I've made a small patch for mount.cifs to honour the ip= option. As it
stands it seems to be ignored.

We need it since some networks we support do not have dns records. We
have created a wrapper program to allow any program to open network
files transparently and it uses mount.cifs to mount the shares. We could
have another hack to try to determine whether to use mount.cifs or
smbmount but we'd prefer to stick to one program only, and for those
cases we always run "nmblookup hostname" and pass the ip found (if any)
to mount.cifs.

So there it is, a patch against the last mount.cifs version from cvs
(1.2.2.26 it seems), to make the ip= option actually work, in case it
might help anyone.

Sorry if I'm missing something terribly obvious here.

Thanks.

--
Cristóvão Dalla Costa
cbraga at freedows.com