[linux-cifs-client] Crashbug in DFS mount

Esben Nielsen ESN at vestas.com
Wed Jul 7 13:55:44 GMT 2004

Hello,
 I tried to update my Fedora Core 1 machine to Linux 2.6.7 because I need CIFS
to be able to mount a DFS share. I succeeded to mount it but when I tried to
follow the redirections I got a message similar to "could not follow symbolic link" and then the machine crashed. The console gave a very long traceback followed by "exception in interrupt." - it was in the ethernet interrupt somewhere. The traceback was too long for the screen and did only show routines from the netstack, nothing about CIFS but as it happened in connection with working on DFS share I do believe that coursed it.

I was also running SMB shares. The fstab line was

//rifile/Group           /home/esn/mnt/Y     cifs file_mode=0777,uid=esn,user=esn,intr       0 0

Sorry, I can't give you more details.

Best regards,
Esben Nielsen
Vestas Wind Systems A/S