[linux-cifs-client] Re: du reports wrong directory sizes on kernel 2.6(.1rc2) and cifs 0.9.4

Michael Pflüger empx at gmx.de
Tue Jan 13 18:47:09 GMT 2004

well, the differences i see, i was using a 2.6 kernel as i said, and the
shares are on a Windows XP SP1 box, i havent tried connecting to a samba
server with cifs as i dont need this as of yet, most PCs run still
windows in our home network..
I've got another Linux box with kernel 2.4, i could install cifs and try
it there too..
Here are the straces on the 2.6 System:
http://empx.dyndns.org/strace_cifs.txt
http://empx.dyndns.org/strace_smbfs.txt
The file is 526K as ls -s reports correctly with smbfs, yet with cifs it
says 17K..
Hope this helps

Mike