[linux-cifs-client] Re: du reports wrong directory sizes on kernel 2.6(.1rc2) and cifs 0.9.4

Luis Claudio R. Goncalves lclaudio at conectiva.com.br
Tue Jan 13 17:48:42 GMT 2004

Hi!

I've been trying to reproduce the problem you're facing and had no success
at all. I've tested it with cifs 0.99a, samba 3.0.1 and kernel 2.4.23-benh1
(ibook) and 2.4.22+patches (i386).

Could you please describe your test environment and send me an strace log for
a "ls -l" with smbfs and another one for cifs? I'm quite curious...

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 11:52:20PM +0100, Michael Pflüger wrote:
| I have tried it with the current 2.6 cifs development kernel which
| includes the latest cifs, but i still have this problem.
| ls -l displays the correcz sizes as i said, however, when i do ls -ls,
| the sizes in front of the filenames are far too small too (159K for a
| 5MB file..)
| As i already said, when i use smbfs to mount the share all this does not
| happen and sizes are reported correctly.
| I hope a developer can tell me his opinion about it and if it can be fixed?

Regards,
Luis
--
[ Luis Claudio R. Goncalves                  lclaudio at conectiva.com.br ]
[ Fingerprint:   4FDD B8C4 3C59 34BD 8BE9  2696 7203 D980 A448 C8F8    ]