[linux-cifs-client] Re: Rudi's question about smbd/smbfs/cifsvfs

Steve French smfltc at us.ibm.com
Mon Dec 6 20:18:50 GMT 2004

Looks like a strange, but now harmless smbd bug (I changed the cifs vfs
to also send the ntlm hash in both fields, as smbfs can do when lanman
is turned off) - for smbd to expect the same NTLM hash in both fields.
I could see little harm in the cifs vfs sending the extra 24 bytes, but
it is strange.