[linux-cifs-client] cifs leaks like a sieve + Oops on using extended security

bert hubert ahu at ds9a.nl
Wed Aug 11 09:32:30 GMT 2004

Steve wrote;

> ExtendedSecurity is not completed in the client at this time.   NTLM and NTLM
> encapsulated in Raw NTLMSSP are supported (not NTLM or Kerberos encapsulated in
> SPNEGO - spnego is enabled using ExtendedSecurity which function is not
> finished).   The suggested approach which I like best for finishing it off is
> using ioctl upcalls to a slightly modified samba client tool which handles the
> spnego packaging - and the cifs client treats each of the spnego negotion data
> as opaque data at the end of the session setup frame

Steve - all fine with me, but might it not be better not to oops when a
remote server tries to do ExtendedSecurity with us, or when we turn it on?

On another note, I find that the cifs in 2.6.8-rc4 leaks like a sieve. From
/proc/slabinfo I note that cifs_inode_cache consumes all memory. Is it ever
pruned except on umount?

I'm on a 384MB machine, and I compiled with gcc 3.3.4.

Thanks - please cc me as I'm not subscribed to this list.