[jcifs] jCIFS and SMB v1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 support

g.hohl at aurenz.de g.hohl at aurenz.de
Thu Aug 16 14:00:11 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

Today we experienced a little bit of a problem with jCIFS v1.3.19 and
Windows 10 shares.

We could connect to Windows 7 and Windows 2012 R2, but not to Windows 10
shares.

After doing some analysis on that problem we could narrow it down to the
fact, that SMB v1.0 is by default deactivated in Windows 10.

Right after we activated it, everything worked fine and we finally could
connect to the share again.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/2696547/how-to-detect-enable-an
d-disable-smbv1-smbv2-and-smbv3-in-windows-and

Are there any plans for supporting SMB v2.0 and v3.0?

I assume the next Windows Server version will also have SMB v1.0
disabled.

Best regards,

Gerrit