[jcifs] [bug+workaround] When multiple hosts are available, only the first is retried

Moritz Bechler bechler at agno3.eu
Thu Jun 8 13:57:44 UTC 2017

Hi,

> Yes, this has been on the TODO list for about 10 years which is to say
> I don't know if it will be fixed. Some folks have actually been
> disabling SMB1 (there was a bug in Windows no too long ago that
> prompted MS to recommend disabling SMB1) so the SMB parts of JCIFS
> might be obsolete at some point. Really need SMB2/3 to keep it alive
> but that's about 14 plates down in the stack of stuff-to-do.

For what it is worth, as I mentioned before I've been working toward
SMB2 support for quite a while now and today pushed SMB 2.02 level
protocol support, fully covering it's current functionality, to our
fork. Testers welcome.

regards

Moritz

--
AgNO3 GmbH & Co. KG, Sitz Tübingen, Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRA 728731
Persönlich haftend: