[jcifs] Hey, I Need a help in deploying ipv6 address in jcifs

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 20:44:20 MST 2015

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 3:47 AM, madhur chaini <madhurchaini at gmail.com> wrote:
> As internet is growing fast.Now time has come to support ipv6 address
> too.So,kindly give a patch for supporting this in your jcifs.Its very urgent
> and it is the only jar available for supporting SMB.
> Do let me know when you people are going to deploy this changes??

Hi Madhur,

Sorry but IPv6 is not a high priority. JCIFS is an IntrAnet tool so
it's just not that common to see IPv6 on an IntrAnet. IPv6 hasn't even
caught on on the IntErnet yet. So it's just not high on the list of
things TODO. It's definitely a "2.0" sort of feature. And
unfortunately it's not a trivial modification. I think there is some
code that thinks addresses are dot-quat notation.

Java Active Directory Integration