[jcifs] Davenport - cannot mount from windows 7

Vladislav Kurz vladislav.kurz at webstep.net
Sun Apr 13 10:25:55 MDT 2014

Dear developers,

I'm not sure if I'm asking on the right place, so pleas forgive and
redirect me if so.

I wanted to offer (seamless) webdav acces to windows clients, and found
the davenport project. At first glance I have jumped with joy - it was
exactly what I wanted. But after installing end testing my joy has
disappeared.

Browser access works perfectly without even touching any configuration.
But I was not able to "map drive" from windows. Neither win 7, nor server
2003 or 2012. I have tried lots of stuff - disabling NTLM auth, allowing
plaintext basic auth (both in windows registry and davenport), enabling
SSL, moving jetty to default ports (80, 443). Sometimes windows did not
even ask for password, and apparently (tcpdump) even did not connect at
all. Perhaps some caching of failures is at work, or what. Finally I
focused on getting windows 7 to work. (It seems that server 2012) does not
even have a webdav client installed by default.).

I have tried other WebDAV clients (cadaver for Linux and BitKinex for
windos - both work just fine) Finally I got to a point where I could
capture some commutication between windows and davenport. Plaintext basic
auth seems to work, and this is the last request and response (formatted
to fit on line):

PROPFIND /esix-file HTTP/1.1
Connection: Keep-Alive
Host: 192.168.220.136