[jcifs] jCIFS Project Activity

Neville Atkinson Neville.Atkinson at nzqa.govt.nz
Sun Apr 6 18:38:27 MDT 2014

Thanks for the reply Chris.

I did suspect that the apparent lack of activity was due to the
maturity of the protocol. I appreciate the confirmation.

Neville

On 04/03/2014 07:54 PM, Neville Atkinson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently evaluating jCIFS for use on a project, but we have a
red-flag
> over the fact that there has been no release since late 2011.

The SMBv1 protocol hasn't really changed since Vista was released... or
earlier.

> I was just wondering whether the project is still in active
development, or
> has it become dormant?

Not exactly dormant, but not under heavy development.  Personally, I
would
love to see SMB2 support added, and there may be some other features
missing.  I'm doing most of my own work in Python or C these days, so
haven't been contributing much.

...but the lights are on and there are people still answering
questions.

Chris -)-----

> Thanks,
>
> Neville

> This email may contain legally privileged information and is intended
only
> for the addressee. It is not necessarily the official view or
> communication of the New Zealand Qualifications Authority. If you are
not
> the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute
this
> email or
> information in it. If you have received this email in error, please
contact
> the sender immediately. NZQA does not accept any liability for
changes made
> to this email or attachments after sending by NZQA.
>
> All emails have been scanned for viruses and content by MailMarshal.
> NZQA reserves the right to monitor all email communications through
its network.

This e'mail may contain nuts or may have been processed by someone who
may,
at least nominally, be considered nuts for some definition of the term
"nuts" with which we were previously unfamiliar.  As such, any ideas
or
opinions expressed are not necessarily those of anyone who may be
associated
with this e'mail or any information contained herein.  The author of
this
e'mail reserves the right to staple a papier-mâché‎ lobster to the
outhouse
door for no apparent reason.  If you have received this e'mail in
error,
please contact the nearest retail outlet and have a nice day.  Sorry, I
just
think it's funny to have these notices on e'mail messages sent to a
publicly
archived mailing list.