[jcifs] renameTo

amitsharma551 amitsharma551 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 11:52:29 MDT 2012

I am using jcifs-1.3.14-kohsuke-1.jar in my application for DFS server file
operations.

I am able to put/delete files in DFS server, but when I am trying to rename
existed file using renameTo() method. it gives me "jcifs.smb.SmbException:
The system cannot find the path specified" though I am using same dfs path
for putting/deleting files. I read post, this issue is fixed in 1.2.24
jar..I am using recent updated version of jar.

Please suggest me, what needs to be done this case. Am I need to do any
configuration for renaming files ?
I feel, renaming doesn't work DFS ...is that correct ?

jcifs.Config.setProperty("jcifs.smb.client.domain", domain);
      	jcifs.Config.setProperty( "jcifs.smb.client.username", userid );
        	jcifs.Config.setProperty( "jcifs.smb.client.password", password );
        	/*jcifs.Config.setProperty( "jcifs.smb.client.responseTimeout",
"120000" );
        	jcifs.Config.setProperty( "jcifs.smb.client.soTimeout", "140000"
);*/
        	//jcifs.Config.setProperty("jcifs.util.loglevel", "3");

             SmbFile tmpfile = new SmbFile(serverLocation  + "/"
+tempFileName);
             SmbFile file = new SmbFile(serverLocation  + "/" +fileName);

            tmpfile.renameTo(datfile);

Getting below error :
  "jcifs.smb.SmbException: The system cannot find the path specified"