[jcifs] Owner SID ?

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 11:22:19 MDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 5:07 AM, Xavier Roche <roche+kml2 at exalead.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> My understanding is that getting the owner SID of a SmbFile is currently
> unsupported (there is a patch for that, but quite old)
>
> It is possible to acheive this somehow through SmbFile.getSecurity() ?
> Crawling through ACLs shows the owner, but without any interesting distinct
> flags unfortunately.

Hi Xavier,

The changes required to get the owner SID are simple enough that using
an actual patch would be a waste of time. Just look at what that patch
does and make the necessary changes by hand. It just adds a few lines
to SecurityDescriptor.java to locate and decode the part of the SD
representing the owner SID and adds an SmbFile.getOwnerSid method to
get to it.

Java Active Directory Integration