[jcifs] Latest JCIFS in a Maven repository?

Vincent Partington vpartington at xebialabs.com
Thu Mar 15 13:35:07 MDT 2012

Hi there,

Google has found me a number of emails and JIRA issues on this subject already, but I wonder why the latest JCIFS library is not present in any of the standard Maven repositories. The latest one I can find<http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.samba.jcifs/jcifs> is 1.3.3, but that version is more than three years old and 1.3.17 fixes a lot of issues.

The reason I am asking is that I am one of the authors of Overthere<https://github.com/xebialabs/overthere>, a remote process execution and file manipulation framework. It depends on JCIFS for access to SMB shares and we've recently discovered an issue<https://github.com/xebialabs/overthere/issues/35> that can be fixed by upgrading to JCIFS 1.3.17. We could include JCIFS 1.3.17 in a lib directory or upload it to our private Maven repository but doing so will make it impossible for other contributors to build the library as they cannot get that dependency.

Can I help with making JCIFS available on a Maven repo? I've found doing so for Overthere was pretty easy by following the steps in the Sonatype OSS Maven Repository Usage Guide<https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Sonatype+OSS+Maven+Repository+Usage+Guide>.

Thanks! Regards, Vincent.