[jcifs] Updating ACE[] using jcifs

christofer.dutz at c-ware.de christofer.dutz at c-ware.de
Fri Mar 9 10:26:42 MST 2012

Geee ... certainly a lot of Chris' her recently :-)

Well I was simply assuming that the midlc tool came from the samba guys, because the idls shipped with it were a perfect match with the knowledge base of them in the year 2000 - At least what I found regarding the svcctl mentioned in that book I talked about (DCE/RPC over SMB - Samba and Windows NT domain internals). Especially the names of the fields and commands. It seemed to me the latest information from the official MS IDLs never made it there. And the support of samba and c output lead me tot hat assumption. If this was wrong, I am realy sorry.

I am also sorry that you find my documentation rather "unqualified" but that's what you get if you users have to reverse engineer something, because support is allmost not existent. What I am doing is that I am trying to get something running and am documenting what I am doing so I can read what I did sometime in the future and mabe it would help someone on the same path.

It would be great if you would please correct me, wehere my assumtions were wrong, cause this would prevent wrong information form spreading. All I can say is: It works the way I did it. And my work on the svcctl.idl is proceding nicely.

With kind regards,
       Chris

[ C h r i s t o f e r  D u t z ]

C-Ware IT-Service