[jcifs] Patch to fix some issues

Sai Pullabhotla sai.pullabhotla at jmethods.com
Thu Jul 28 15:47:33 MDT 2011

Hello,

Yesterday I've received an email from some one checking the email list
who asked me about if I found a fix for duplicate entries returned
when doing the directory listing with IBM i servers. This was
discussed on the mailing list before under this thread:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/jcifs/2010-December/009462.html.

I did fix it as discussed in the mailing list and seems to be working
fine with various servers and operating systems. Not only we tested it
in house with various systems, but several of our customers are using
it successfully with all kinds of operating systems. I thought you
might want to consider this patch to be included in the general
release, if it looks good to you.

Attached is the SVN diff made from the 1.3.15 code base. This patch
contains a couple of other fixes as well, all are listed below:

1. The duplicate list entries when working with IBM i servers.
2. Debug log setting does not take affect if
Config.setProperties(Properties) is used.
3. Added a couple of NT status codes to NTStatus.java to report a nice
error messages related to file locking.

Hope this gets included in the upcoming release.

Sai Pullabhotla