[jcifs] Patch to fix some issues

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 16:34:55 MDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 5:47 PM, Sai Pullabhotla
<sai.pullabhotla at jmethods.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Yesterday I've received an email from some one checking the email list
> who asked me about if I found a fix for duplicate entries returned
> when doing the directory listing with IBM i servers. This was
> discussed on the mailing list before under this thread:
> http://lists.samba.org/archive/jcifs/2010-December/009462.html.
>
> I did fix it as discussed in the mailing list and seems to be working
> fine with various servers and operating systems. Not only we tested it
> in house with various systems, but several of our customers are using
> it successfully with all kinds of operating systems. I thought you
> might want to consider this patch to be included in the general
> release, if it looks good to you.

Hello Sai,

Your observations are compelling. However, I looked at this for the
last release and I found that Windows XP SP2 does NOT set the
FLAGS_RESUME_FROM_PREVIOUS_END flag. And so I did not make the change.
Our general rule is that we follow the oldest supported version of
Windows which is XP SP2.

But I have added your request to the TODO list for further
consideration (along with your other recommended changes).

Thanks for the feedback,

Java Active Directory Integration
http://www.ioplex.com/