[jcifs] Authentication denied issue

Barsky, Geora (Contractor) Geora.Barsky at DexOne.com
Fri Jan 21 10:35:14 MST 2011

Hello,

In our system we have been using JCIFS 1.2.17 version for few years.
Recently we did many upgrades to the system including moving our web
servers from weblogic to Tomcat.

Now, we sporadically experience the problem during the authentication
for some users, while other users are authenticated successfully at the
same time.

The error message is :  jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException: Access is denied.

The issue is resolved after server restart.

Any suggestion/feedback/idea is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Geora