[jcifs] jcifs.smb.SmbException: The handle is invalid

René Liebmann rene_liebmann at datamatics.de
Thu Mar 4 01:01:46 MST 2010

Hi,

I came across a problem which I have seen now only on Netapp Fileservers. In
my logic I go recursively down in one share and read information about the
contained files. On some subfolders I do get the below exception, which does
not seem to be security related, as I'm able to access that folder without
problems. I believe that I'm getting some Timeout in the parent directory -
with that the handle to the parent is wrong and as soon as the below
directories are finished and my logic comes back to the parent directory the
exception is fired. Do you believe that this explanation of the problem is
true? If so, what can I do?

16025491 [Thread-14] ERROR JavaFileAnalyser - Error while
ListFilesAnalyserFilter.accept
smb://172.20.0.104/G$/tausch/Produktion/SWE-Scripting/DTKS/SSIS/KEK/ZIP-Test
/T_Home/___FOUND/

jcifs.smb.SmbException: The handle is invalid.

                at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.checkStatus(SmbTransport.java:542)

                at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:619)

                at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:241)

                at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.send(SmbTree.java:111)

                at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.send(SmbFile.java:729)

                at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.doFindFirstNext(SmbFile.java:1975)

                at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.doEnum(SmbFile.java:1683)

                at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.listFiles(SmbFile.java:1660)

                at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.listFiles(SmbFile.java:1649)

                at
com.rli.fsi.ListFilesAnalyserFilter.accept(ListFilesAnalyserFilter.java:92)

Thanks

René