[jcifs] NPE

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 15:21:19 MST 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Tony Thompson
<Tony.Thompson at stone-ware.com> wrote:
> The rest of the stack trace is in our code.  We are doing NTLM HTTP
> authentication but not with the JCIFS filter.  We set
> jcifs.smb.lmCompatibility=1 and it still throws the NPE with 1.3.  I would
> have thought that should make it work like jCIFS 1.2, right?

To turn off NTLMv2 the official method is:

  jcifs.smb.lmCompatibility=0
  jcifs.smb.client.useExtendedSecurity=false

I think that should make 1.3 behave like older versions wrt the code
in question but I'm not sure because I have not tried the JCIFS NTLM
HTTP authentication code in almost 10 years. And I'm even less sure
about 1.2.

Java Active Directory Integration