[jcifs] jcifs at lists.samba.org

Wolfgang Ratzka ratzka at hrz.uni-marburg.de
Fri Feb 12 10:04:17 MST 2010

Am 12.02.2010 13:10, schrieb Andreas Gabriel:
> Hi Andreas,

(Andreas is the web services/unix guy, I'm the windows
person, so he asked me to jump in here.)

> You mean you have a stand-alone DFS root:
>
>   smb://DFS/FOO/tmp/
>
> pointing to:
>
>   smb://<server>/FOO_T$/
>
> ?
>
> You need to be more explicit about the topology.

Yes, DFS is a stand-alone DFS root on a NetApp vfiler. The server
it points to, is NetApp too. We might be able to try, whether the
behavior also happens with a Linux DFS root, but not right away.

Andreas is going to produce tracelogs without WINS. In fact, the
DFS link already uses the FQDN of the target filer.

Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Ratzka  Phone: +49 6421 2823531  FAX: +49 6421 2826994
Uni Marburg,  HRZ, Hans-Meerwein-Str., D-35032 Marburg, Germany