[jcifs] webdav / cifs server recommendations

Robert Stuart r.stuart at qut.edu.au
Tue Aug 3 20:15:15 MDT 2010

Thanks Andre and Giampaolo,

I've found the windows webdav compatability site a while ago and yes, it
scared me - especially as I have little control over what our clients
use elsewhere. I'll revisit the client issue side of things again - we
can try  educating users about the requirements for connecting. I'm
becoming convinced that non-vfs access isn't going to work (ie map a
drive letter) in windows.

The majority of our users use cifs for fileserver access (samba servers
actually). The webdav is the remote access mechanism (as an alternative
to VPN+cifs etc). I'll have a look at jackrabbit and see what it is like.

Assuming I can get the windows clients behaving, is there a drop in
replacement for davenport? It doesn't look like it has been updated in a
while, and won't seem to work with the 1.3.x series of jcifs jars.

Regards
Robert

--
Robert Stuart