[jcifs] jarapac status?

Jason Herr Jason.Herr at raritan.com
Wed Apr 7 09:20:50 MDT 2010

Greetings,

I'm trying to figure out how to recreate the smb "net rpc shutdown"
command in Java without resorting to commandline or native code.  It
looks like jarapac would have been the right solution, but it doesn't
compile (ndr.old is still being referenced by code within the project)
and the cvs repo is toast.  It looks like j-interop has replaced
jarapacs functionality (and forked jarapac into j-interop).  While
j-interop can do this with a COM request, I'm trying to avoid using
COM.  I'd rather just use straight RPC (required to I should say).
Search hasn't gotten me on the right track, so I'm asking something
that's obvious to anyone who has been working with
jcifs/j-interop/jarapacs for a while, but I'm not getting it.  Are there
more jarapac docs somewhere?

Thanks,
Jason