[jcifs] JCIFS 1.3.8 java.net.SocketException: Connection timed out:could be due to invalid address

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 09:14:29 MDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 2:45 AM, Ivan Petrov <lordjohnp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Sorry that I've sent a mail directly to you, it wasn't intentionaly.
> I've attached a full tcp dumps this time.
> Thanks for the help in advance.

Hi Ivan,

Your packet capture shows that something is very wrong with network
connectivity between the JCIFS client and the server. Multiple SYN
packets are sent, sometimes for 20-30 seconds, before an ACK is
received. Once the TCP connection is established the exchange is fast.

This issue has nothing to do with JCIFS. You could simulate the
problem with telnet to port 445.

Now my guess is that there's some funky firewalling in the way, the
AIX server thinks your a DOS attach or there's an overloaded router
somewhere. Are you running a ton of traffic through an old 10 baseT
hub under your desk?

Something is dropping SYN packets. Ask your network administrator.

Java Active Directory Integration