[jcifs] EventLog patche question

Raffael Maio raffael.maio at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 05:47:54 MDT 2009

Hi all,

I seen on the patches directory that there is a new class called eventlog.
I recompile the project in order to use this class and it seems to work.

However, now I would like to use it in my test program in order to access
the eventlog of a remote machine. Does someone have an idea about how to do
it?! As there is yet no docs available I would appreciate if you  have
already figure out this problem  to share it J

Previously I was trying that to access the eventlog pipe like this (without
success).

        NtlmPasswordAuthentication auth = new
NtlmPasswordAuthentication("TESTS;administrator:admin");

        SmbNamedPipe pipe = new SmbNamedPipe(
"smb://10.192.10.10/IPC$/EVENTLOG",

              SmbNamedPipe.PIPE_TYPE_RDWR | SmbNamedPipe.PIPE_TYPE_TRANSACT
, auth );

        OutputStream out = pipe.getNamedPipeOutputStream();

        InputStream in = pipe.getNamedPipeInputStream();

What would be the new way accessing the eventlog now with the new classes?

Regards,

Raffael