[jcifs] Does jcifs support japanese language?

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 15:30:19 MDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Devalekar,
Paresh<Paresh_Devalekar at bmc.com> wrote:
> We own Log Monitoring application where smb protocol is used through jcifs
> to access and read the logs remotely.
>
> The monitoring works fine for Windows English but when start to monitor
> Japanese logs it fails.
>

> Can anyone guide me on this? Does jcifs support Japanese language (unicode)
> at all?

Please collect two network packet captures:

1. Japanese Windows client and server performing authentication and
file listing.

2. JCIFS trying and failing with the same server and parameters.

I will compare the two and see how different things are. In theory it
should work. I would need to compare captures to see how far away
JCIFS is from working with Japanese WIndows. If Japanese Windows is
using UTF-16 surrogates it's probably not worth the trouble.

Mike

PS: Do not send packet captures to the mailing list. Send them to me directly.

Java Active Directory Integration