[jcifs] OutOfMemoryError when writing with SmbFileOutputStream

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 11:15:06 MDT 2009

Hi Krum,

This is a pretty strange error. The getTrustedDomains call should only
happen once every 50 minutes and the DFS referral that's triggering it
should only happen once every 5 minutes.

Are you getting other kinds of stack traces or is the failure always
with getTrustedDomains?

Based on the limited information provided, I would say something about
the environment is wrong. What is "business integration server"?

Mike

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Krum Valkov <k.valkov at bg.seeburger.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use jcifs 1.3.12 with business integration server to store files
> in shared folders. When I use password authentication with domain, user and pass
> the write method of SmbFileOutputStream creates considerable amount of new
> threads that do not finish fast enough and when I try to transfer file larger
> then 2 MB the transfer fails with error:
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
>        at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
>        at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:597)
>        at jcifs.UniAddress.lookupServerOrWorkgroup(UniAddress.java:173)
>        at jcifs.UniAddress.getAllByName(UniAddress.java:290)
>        at jcifs.UniAddress.getByName(UniAddress.java:245)
>        at jcifs.smb.Dfs.getTrustedDomains(Dfs.java:62)
>        at jcifs.smb.Dfs.resolve(Dfs.java:146)
>        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.resolveDfs(SmbFile.java:667)
>        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.send(SmbFile.java:730)
>        at jcifs.smb.SmbFileOutputStream.writeDirect(SmbFileOutputStream.java:245)
>        at jcifs.smb.SmbFileOutputStream.write(SmbFileOutputStream.java:216)
>
> Is there some kind of configuration to control this?
>
> Thanks in advice.
>
> Regards Krum Valkov

Java Active Directory Integration