[jcifs] OutOfMemoryError when writing with SmbFileOutputStream

Krum Valkov k.valkov at bg.seeburger.com
Fri Oct 30 07:55:14 MDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to use jcifs 1.3.12 with business integration server to store files
in shared folders. When I use password authentication with domain, user and pass
the write method of SmbFileOutputStream creates considerable amount of new
threads that do not finish fast enough and when I try to transfer file larger
then 2 MB the transfer fails with error:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
        at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:597)
        at jcifs.UniAddress.lookupServerOrWorkgroup(UniAddress.java:173)
        at jcifs.UniAddress.getAllByName(UniAddress.java:290)
        at jcifs.UniAddress.getByName(UniAddress.java:245)
        at jcifs.smb.Dfs.getTrustedDomains(Dfs.java:62)
        at jcifs.smb.Dfs.resolve(Dfs.java:146)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.resolveDfs(SmbFile.java:667)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.send(SmbFile.java:730)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFileOutputStream.writeDirect(SmbFileOutputStream.java:245)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFileOutputStream.write(SmbFileOutputStream.java:216)

Is there some kind of configuration to control this?

Thanks in advice.

Regards Krum Valkov