[jcifs] Version of JCIFS?

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 09:39:18 MST 2009

Hi Melinda,

Old versions of JCIFS are available under the 'old' subdirectory like:

  http://jcifs.samba.org/old/jcifs-<version>.zip

See also:

  http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/resolver.html

My guess is that you're trying to use short netbios names but WINS is
gone. Always use fully qualified DNS hostnames in your SMB URLs like
smb://server.domain.com/ and not NetBIOS short names like
smb://server/.

Mike

PS: Responses not sent to the mailing list will be ignored.

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Melinda <melindasavoy at texashealth.org> wrote:
> Melinda <melindasavoy <at> texashealth.org> writes:
>

>> I just inherited a java application that has a JCIFS jar file
>> but I cannot see where I can find what version of JCIFS.
>> Can someone help me determine what that is?
>> We're having problems where there have
>> been changes done to the network
>> environment and now we cannot resolve DNS
>> names but have no problem resolving
>> IP addresses now.  Any help
>> would be GREATLY appreciated.
>>
>> Regards.