[jcifs] Random "Internet Explorer Cannot display the Web page" onWindows 2008 server, IE 7 and Tomcat 6

Travaglini, Joseph Joseph.Travaglini at FMR.com
Mon Nov 2 08:20:44 MST 2009

Windows 2008 Server does not have an NTLMv1 implementation, whereas
JCIFS does not have support for NTLMv2.

That is, you cannot use JCIFS with Windows 2008/Windows 7.

-----Original Message-----
From: jcifs-bounces at lists.samba.org
[mailto:jcifs-bounces at lists.samba.org] On Behalf Of pardesh
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 10:18 AM
To: jcifs at lists.samba.org
Subject: [jcifs] Random "Internet Explorer Cannot display the Web page"
onWindows 2008 server, IE 7 and Tomcat 6

Hi,

We are using JCIFS library (jcifs 1.2.19) for ntlm authentication. I can

see "Internet Explorer Cannot display the Web page" error page randomly
on
Tomcat 6, IE 7, Windows 2008 server. There is no heavy traffic/requests
as i
was the only one accesing this server for testing.

I can see the request is authenticated and redirected to the requested
URL,
where it is showing the error page. reload the page works.

As this is random and occuring once for every 5 new authentcation
requests.

Our Earlier relaease is for windows xp, tomcat 5.5 and the same code for

authentication used to work fine.

Does anyone has any idea why it is behaving this way? Your
thoughts/inputs are
highly appreciated as it is my biggest issue now for moving to
prodcution.

Thanks,
Pardesh