[jcifs] Occasionally NTLM Filter fails...Please Help.

John Baker jbaker at javasystemsolutions.com
Mon May 18 15:29:30 GMT 2009

Hi,

So, it can't be fixed to make it totally secure, but it can be fixed to do
what it was originally designed to do - provide a working example of an NTLM
filter. I also assume it could be enhanced to support NTLMv2 given there are
commercial products that do it - so it can't be impossible to do it securely,
unless all these commercial products are insecure?

Although, I don't really understand why one would use NTLMv2 over
SPNEGO/Kerberos.  NTLM seems to be the backup option to me - if the SPNEGO
token contains an NTLM token, there's little choice but to either deny or
process.