[jcifs] How to solve "The parameter is incorrect." Exception

Marco Nelissen marco.nelissen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 21:50:13 GMT 2009

I had the exact same problem when trying to use JCIFS on the Android
platform. The problem turned out to be that JCIFS uses the
"UnicodeLittleUnmarked" encoding instead of the more standard "UTF-16LE".
They're equivalent, but the latter is required for VMs to implement, while
the former is not.
Replacing all instances of "UnicodeLittleUnmarked" with "UTF-16LE" made it
work, but it seems like it would be better for JCIFS to use UTF-16LE
instead, because then I could just include the official prebuilt jar in my
app.