[jcifs] Re: windows login popup following session timeout on aform.submit

Bill Comer bill.comer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 09:13:46 GMT 2009

Sadly I have found another area where I believe the same problem persists,
but this time the effect is more serious.

We have pages that are heavy on javascript using dwr.
These pages only partly load with errors of

java.io.IOException: Not a Type 3 message.
      at jcifs.ntlmssp.Type3Message.parse(Type3Message.java:546)
      at jcifs.ntlmssp.Type3Message.<init>(Type3Message.java:208)
      at
org.springframework.security.ui.ntlm.NtlmProcessingFilter.processType3Message(NtlmProcessingFilter.java:389)
      at
org.springframework.security.ui.ntlm.NtlmProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(NtlmProcessingFilter.java:337)

Any thoughts please ?

Bill Comer
blog: http://billcomer.blogspot.com/