[jcifs] Weird behavior with NTLM. FIREFOX & IE

Verma, Mamta mamta.verma at tycoelectronics.com
Wed Jan 14 21:39:04 GMT 2009

Do you have any other idea, can you help. Here is the description of the problem:

1. I have Tax Portal running on Jboss 3.2.5/Jdk1.5.
2. What I am trying to do is, authenticate with NTLM, then go to a login page, and have the user enter their application userid/password and enter submit.
3. When the user clicks on the login page, a service is called to login.
4. When I run Jboss on my machine, and bind it to the ip address the application works, I can get authenticated with NTLM, land on the login page, enter the information and login to the application.
5. When I run Jboss on my machine, and bind it to the machine name &  USE IE6  the application works does not work, I can get authenticated with NTLM, land on the login page, enter the information and login to the application, however the loginservice does not get called, and cookie is not established.
6. When I run Jboss on my machine, and bind it to the machine name &  USE FIREFOX  the application works does  work, I can get authenticated with NTLM, land on the login page, enter the information and login to the application.
7. I ran fiddler to capture the transaction, this time if I tried 5 it worked.

Consensus was that this is due to Jboss 3.2.5, so I upgraded to Jboss 4.0.0 & 4.2.2 and that did not fix it either.

Does anyone know what might be causing it?