[jcifs] (no subject)

Yannick Lavanant yannick at smellyfrog.com
Thu Nov 27 09:04:09 GMT 2008

You need to use pre-authentication. What we did is to create a user in our
domain with minimum rights granted. Our admin were a bit reticent at first, but
eventually aggreed on only changing the password once or twice a year.
In the meantime, you can try this by putting your own credentials, but be
careful as your password will be in the clear in the web.xml file.
Check out the following page:
http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/ntlmhttpauth.html

The bit that interests you is the following:

    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.username</param-name>
        <param-value>somenycuser</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.password</param-name>
        <param-value>AReallyLoooongRandomPassword</param-value>
    </init-param>

Regards
Yannick

Duseja, Sushil wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I am new to jCIFS and willing to know as to how I can use windows
authentication using jCIFS.

> I ran through the link - http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/ntlmhttpauth.html and
developed a small web application (deployed on tomcat 5.x) which would fetch
user details for me from my organization's active directory. It works fine on
my machine; however when I try running the application from any other machine,
it prompts me for the credentials. I want this application to authenticate the
user (without user having to key in the credentials) that is logged on to the
machine and fetch his/her user details. Can anyone please advise?