[jcifs] Windows authentication with jCIFS

Duseja, Sushil sushil.duseja at fiserv.com
Wed Nov 26 18:07:02 GMT 2008

Hello,

I am new to jCIFS and willing to know as to how I can use windows
authentication using jCIFS.

I ran through the link -
http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/ntlmhttpauth.html and developed a small
web application (deployed on tomcat 5.x) which would fetch user details
for me from my organization's active directory. It works fine on my
machine; however when I try running the application from any other
machine, it prompts me for the credentials. I want this application to
authenticate the user (without user having to key in the credentials)
that is logged on to the machine and fetch his/her user details. Can
anyone please advise?

Here's my web.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<web-app id="WebApp_ID" version="2.4"

      xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"

      <display-name>AD Authentication</display-name>

      <filter>

            <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>

            <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>

            <init-param>

                  <param-name>jcifs.http.domainController</param-name>

                  <param-value>Active Directory</param-value>

                  </init-param>

            <init-param>

                  <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.domain</param-name>

                  <param-value>MYDOMAIN</param-value>

            </init-param>

      </filter>

      <filter-mapping>

            <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>

            <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>

      </filter-mapping>

      <welcome-file-list>

            <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>